Never give up what you want most for what you want at the moment!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

10k Fun Run

My fabulous running partner and I decided it was time to particpate in one of Pocatello's 10K runs.  I think we chose one of the hardest runs because it had lots of hills. I have been stressed about the hills and not sure if I could do it.  There are hills all around me that I have been running on but not continuously. 
Today was the big day. It was encouraging to be racing with five other Inkom friends and my sister, Emilee.  Hours after the race, I will just say this,  "it was great to just have been able to cross the finish line."  It was hard and at about the five and half mile mark I really just wanted to walk. We completed the run in about the time I was hoping and I feel good about the accomplishment. 

Getting my music ready, hanging with my friends.

The hill was fun.  My running partner, Ashleigh Belnap is a great support.

My sister, Emilee and her running buddy.  It was her first race too, and she is not used to running hills.  She did AWESOME!!!

Crossing the Finish line with great deal of exhaustion

Yeah, we made it!  Now our legs are like jello.

It was also fabulous to see Chad and the kids there to cheer me on as I crossed the finish line.  The other Inkom girls who had already finished and their families were also there.  It was great to know I have the support of my family during an event that was hard for me but something I knew I could do.  See you all at the next race in August where it will be more flat.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! I am so proud of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congradulations. that is excellent. I am so proud of you. One of these times I want to run with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my hero! That is incredible! My legs hurt just reading about it....

    ReplyDelete